A versatile executive with over 25 years’ experience across sectors including resources, banking, finance, manufacturing, advisory and government.
- He currently is a non-executive Director for CropLogic an Australian listed Agricultural technology company.
- Dr. Whitehead’s previous roles have involved working closely and negotiating with Chinese counter-parties. This previous work history has included working for Chinese private enterprises.
- Further to this Chinese experience Dr. Whitehead’s career has seen him work for companies operating in a broad range of jurisdictions around the world, including Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa and the USA bringing a global perspective and knowledge base.
- Dr Whitehead holds a PhD from the School of Political and International Studies, Flinders University (Adelaide), and has undertaken postgraduate studies in Finance and Investment (FINSIA) and Negotiation (Oxford University). His PhD was titled “Guanxi in the Peoples Republic of China: An Australian Business Perspective utilising the theoretical framework of Transaction Cost Economics and the First Mover Theory of Competitive Advantage.”
- He studied Mandarin at Flinders University, Adelaide and the Beijing Language and Cultural University, Beijing.
- Being originally from Adelaide and having a worked previously in Sydney and now Perth Dr. Whitehead also brings a good understanding of the Australian commercial and government landscape.
- He is an empathetic leader and mentor, culturally aware, strong negotiator and proven influencer of people towards achieving common goals.